FeedBurner FeedCount

Google Translator

A Golden Advice

If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, “I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.

Ann Landers


About Us

My photo
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom

2/26/2011

Stories and morals

The boy and the Nettles


  A BOY was stung by a Nettle.  He ran home and told his Mother,
saying, "Although it hurts me very much, I only touched it
gently."  "That was just why it stung you," said his Mother.  "The
next time you touch a Nettle, grasp it boldly, and it will be
soft as silk to your hand, and not in the least hurt you." 


Moral: Whatever you do, do with all your might. 

 
The Cage Bird and the Bat

  A singing bird was confined in a cage which hung outside a window,
and had a way of singing at night when all other birds were asleep.
One night a Bat came and clung to the bars of the cage, and asked
the Bird why she was silent by day and sang only at night. "I have a
very good reason for doing so," said the Bird. "It was once when I was
singing in the daytime that a fowler was attracted by my voice, and
set his nets for me and caught me. Since then I have never sung except
by night." But the Bat replied, "It is no use your doing that now when
you are a prisoner: if only you had done so before you were caught,
you might still have been free."



Moral: "Precautions are useless after the crisis."



The Cock and the Jewel 



  A COCK, scratching for food for himself and his hens, found a
precious stone and exclaimed:  "If your owner had found thee, and
not I, he would have taken thee up, and have set thee in thy
first estate; but I have found thee for no purpose.  I would
rather have one barleycorn than all the jewels in the world."

Moral: The ignorant despise what is precious because they cannot understand it 


  The Dogs and the Hides 
  SOME DOGS famished with hunger saw a number of cowhides steeping
in a river.  Not being able to reach them, they agreed to drink
up the river, but it happened that they burst themselves with
drinking long before they reached the hides.  



Moral:  Attempt not impossibilities



  The Eagle and the Arrow



  AN EAGLE sat on a lofty rock, watching the movements of a Hare
whom he sought to make his prey.  An archer, who saw the Eagle
from a place of concealment, took an accurate aim and wounded him
mortally.  The Eagle gave one look at the arrow that had entered
his heart and saw in that single glance that its feathers had
been furnished by himself.  "It is a double grief to me," he
exclaimed, "that I should perish by an arrow feathered from my
own wings."


Moral: We often give our enemies the means for our own destruction


In our business and life, we need other's mistakes and experiences to guide us. Making mistakes is not always a bad thing, however we also need to open our minds and accept other's previous mistakes and allow it to teach us and  guide us through our own road with as less mistakes as possible.

Reference: aespfables

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He that is full of himself is very empty.

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
He was once totally right. This put up actually made my
day. You can not consider simply how so much
time I had spent for this information! Thanks!
Here is my blog ; loans

Blog Archive