FeedBurner FeedCount

Google Translator

A Golden Advice

If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, “I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.

Ann Landers


About Us

My photo
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom

3/21/2011

Team Management skills stories & Morals


On a sunny day in a forest a fox out on a walk passes a lion sitting outside his cave and lying lazily in the sun.
Fox: Do you know the time Lion? My watch is broken!
Lion: Oh, I can fix the watch for you.
Fox: Hmm... But it’s a very complicated mechanism, and your big claws will only destroy it even more.
Lion: Oh no give it to me and it will be fixed.
The fox hesitating gives his watch to the lion that in his turn disappears into his cave. After a while the lion comes out holding the fox’s watch perfectly fixed.
The fox takes his watch and scurries on happily with his fixed watch, while the lion sits back lazily outside his cave enjoying the sun.
A while later a wolf passes by and asks the lion whether he could come on later that evening and watch telly with the lion because his TV is broken?
Lion: Bring me your TV and I’ll get it fixed for you.
Wolf: You don’t expect me to believe such rubbish, do you? There is no way you can fix my TV with your big claws.
Lion: Just try me. Get you TV and I’ll fix it for you in no time.
The wolf with a worried face gives the confident lion his TV and waits. The lion comes out after a while with a perfectly fixed TV to the delight of the wolf that runs quickly home to watch his programme.
Later that day, the lion tired of sitting outside his cave goes in to be met by half a dozen intelligent looking rabbits that are busily doing very complicated work. The lion stands and says a few encouraging words and thanks them for their hard work and goes to lie down while the happy rewarded and content rabbits carry on with their work.

Did you ever wonder why a Manager is famous? Look at his team management skills. The lion might not be the most effective of all, but his confidence in his team makes him successful.
You might have the best skilled team members in the world but without a Good leadership and acknowledged appreciation their work might not be worth a thing!

No comments:

Blog Archive