FeedBurner FeedCount

Google Translator

A Golden Advice

If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, “I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me.

Ann Landers


About Us

My photo
Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom

11/28/2010

Stand out from the crowd



One day Emperor Akbar asked Birbal what he would choose if he were given a choice between “justice” and a “gold coin”.

“The gold coin” said Birbal without hesitation.

Akbar was taken aback. “You would prefer a gold coin to justice?” he asked, incredulously.
“Yes” said Birbal

The other courtiers were amazed by Birbal’s display of idiocy. For years,they had been trying to discredit Birbal in the Emperor’s eyes but without success and now the man had gone and done it himself! They could not believe their good fortune.

“I would have been dismayed if even the lowliest of my servants had said this, continued the Emperor. But coming from you it’s…shocking- and sad. I did not know you are so debased”.



The Emperor was so pleased with Birbal’s reply that he gave him not one but, a thousand gold coins!
Moral: In business it is extremely important to speak out your mind and even if your approach is different than all the others, don't hesitate to show and share your creative ideas. At the end of the day being different is what makes great people "Great"! Believe in yourself and don't feel discouraged even if their ideas sounded spotty at the beginning!
Birbal’s Solution “One asks for what one does not have, Your Majesty!” said Birbal quietly. “You have seen to it that in our country justice is available to everybody. So as justice is already available to me and as I am always short of money, I said I would choose the gold coin.”

No comments:

Blog Archive