Recently I have noticed a great deal of interest in hiring our VA services, not only by international companies! But, from well-established businesses in the UK, who and because of the financial crises that hit the world, are desperately trying to cut down on expenses in any way they can. Had found that hiring a virtual personal assistant could save them a lot of money a year.
Now those of you who have been toying with the idea of hiring a VP might wonder what are the positives and negatives aspects of such a decision on your business?
And you are right, it is extremely important to get your expectations right otherwise you will find it very difficult!!!
So lets look at this closely.
· Firstly- you will need to have a plan of what responsibilities you can do and what you would like your VA take on.
· It is extremely important to keep a clear plan for your sake and your VA’s as well.
· Communication is an important key to get a smooth start and also for later on. So, a Skype account could be a very useful tool to communicate.
· E-mailing- although it is an inventible of communication in business you must be aware that the “point” might get lost in translations. (Your VA might be based in any country in the world and English might not be their mother tongue). So, all I’m saying is try and have a conference call as much as you can or at least once a week, and keep your instructions simple and clear.
· Also you might want to consider before starting offering your new VA a training session to get him/her familiar with what you do and what you are expecting them to do.
· Start by giving your VA non-urgent and tractable tasks, which you can check on when you have time. Look at those first two or three weeks as a trail period and at the same time give your VA time to get familiar and confident with the job.
· I will also suggest (depending on your level of work) to start with 2 hours a day and increase it as time goes by.
· An important aspect you need to keep in mind when hiring a VA is the time difference. That has huge impact on the deliverance of the tasks. So, again I urge you to consider very carefully your plan. Put down in writing what is important for you and your needs as a business? Study it carefully and then decide whether hiring a virtual assistant is right for your needs.
In the end I wish you all the best and if any assistance or advice needed the you are welcome to IM us on Skype:acrosstheworld-ics or get in touch by mail firstname.lastname@example.org